יום שישי, יוני 08, 2007

From the Iguazu to Salta

Now that we are back in the digital world we feel like we have lots to share with you all.
I know that our last post was long time ago, but don`t forget we enter to a 3td world country, so everything is happening here in Bolivian time...

Just before we enterd Bolivia we had some stops on the way, still in Argentina with a small stop in Brazil and Paraguai. I know that there is a big hole in our story, where is Buenos Aires??? Well, this is a place I`m trying to forget. Both of us were very sick over there and we don`t have any picture to show from thate place. So, forgive me if I`ll jump directly to Iguazu falls, which was our next destination after Buenos.

To people who don`t know the whole story I`ll elaborate, and explain the whole story. From this point on, in our trip, we are back in places we have already been.
On our first big trip, Izick had been in Brazil, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador and I joined him in Peru. So this time we are trying to go to places we haven`t been or loved and want to go back. The Bolivia part is a chance for me to see the highlights of the country (according to izick recommendation).

Iguazu falls was one of the places Izick had already been, so he made sure that I`ll be ready to the exhausting hit I`m going to feel the moment I`ll get there after the freezing cold of Argentina.
Surprisingly enough, it wasn`t that hot. And I can tell you right now that it wasn`t the last thing izick had mistaken. Apparently age and time have there influence on a man...

Our first stop was in cuidad del esta, which is in Parguai (Yep, another place in our around the world trip!!!), we went to this place to recover our big lost, our Camera!!!
After 2 hours and a short walk to see the big dam (which in the last trip Roie and Shay made fun of Izick who wanted to go there, shame on you!!!), we had the same camera we had before and from this point we were back in the digital world.




Our sells-man

From there we went to see the falls on the Brazilian side. There is only 2 words that I can describe this experience , extremely wet!!!!. Not only that we walked right under the falls we also had the amazing opportunity to be there when they sky opened there gates especially for us. Of course, the only thing I could think of at that moment was the camera, I wasn`t about to lose another one.

















Just for, need to know basis, The iguazu falls are the largest falls in the world, by volume!

The next day we went to see the same falls from the Argentina side. Go figure how they decided to split it between 2 countries!?
It was very nice day. We had about 3 to 4 hours of walk around the area, and a short ride on the train around the park.











































From the Iguazu we had a long long long ride on the bus to Salta, a nice town still in Argentina.

















We took a day trip to Cafayate city and the surrounding area. We had the opportunity to be the only people on the tour, so we had a private guide just for us.
The tour included many stops on the way to Cafayate. The scenery on the way was quite amazing.





































Our first stop when we entered Cafayate was a vinery.







We tasted the local wine (Yes, Iizck tasted it also!!!), I can say that both of us enjoyed the tour in Oren`s parents-in-low´s vinery much better. What can I say, the Israelis do it much better.

After we had some wine we went to eat, I can honestly say that on this lunch I had the best food in Argentina. The dish called lorcu, which is a stew with all kind of beans and meat.



It really made me feel like I`m back at my mom home. This dish top any steak Argentina can offer.
The food wasn`t the only thing new and different from the rest of Argentina we knew, it `s also the look of the local people, we definitely felt like we are getting closer to Bolivia. The appearance of the people was less European and more Indian, like Bolivia and Peru.

From Salta we took a bus straight to Bolivia., but this I`ll save for the next story...

אין תגובות: